The Sixth Form Team provides information, advice and guidance for students in researching and embarking on their future careers, whether they anticipate entering employment at the age of eighteen or at a later date.
- Our tutorial programme and Induction Day into Year 13 include sessions on CV writing and interview skills.
- In September / October of Year 13, all our students are guided through the process of writing a CV and covering letter before meeting for a mock interview with a local professional.
- Chris Aylward from YC Herts has a long standing relationship with the school. He provides sixth formers with one-to-one information, advice and guidance about their future careers and is available during weekly drop-in sessions.
We support our sixth formers in putting together a CV and covering letter as part of our mock interview process in Year 13.
- Unifrog offers a scaffold for CV writing; log-ins are provided to both current KTS students and their parents.
- Youth Employment UK offers top tips for students in writing their first CV.
- Prospects offers a useful guide to CV writing.
- Complete iDEA’s online tutorial to generate ideas of what to include in a personal statement. The iDEA website offers lots of free online tutorials to help you to develop digital, enterprise, and employability skills for free. Each time you complete one, you’re awarded a digital badge. Each badge carries a number of points. When you collect enough points, you are awarded a Bronze, Silver, or Gold iDEA Award, which can itself form a part of a personal statement!
We support our sixth formers in developing their experience and skills of interviewing through our mock interview process in Year 13.
- Youth Employment UK offers interview tips.
- Prospects advises students on how to prepare for an interview.