If you have a love and a flair for your subject(s) and the potential to pursue your studies to the highest level, you should be aiming to study at a research-intensive university where you will:
- be taught by the leading researchers in your field,
- work in the best-equipped libraries and laboratories, and
- learn from – and even contribute to – cutting-edge research
These universities include, but are not limited to, the University of Oxford, University of Cambridge, and other members of the Russell Group.
They are also highly selective. KTS graduates are studying at Britain’s leading research-intensive universities. They got there by studying their chosen subject(s) in depth, inside and outside of lessons, talking about it with their teachers and each other, and researching and preparing for their university applications throughout the sixth form.
KTS Aim Higher will help you to:
- explore and develop your academic interests
- research highly-selective degree courses
- prepare strong applications to research-intensive universities
- make a successful transition to undergraduate study
A programme of events will run throughout the academic year and will include:
- Half-termly research seminars: KTS sixth formers and staff meet to hear and debate short presentations on research in all subject areas
- Introduction to Oxford and Cambridge universities
- Q&A with KTS graduates studying at Oxford, Cambridge, and other top universities
- Help applying to / signing up for masterclasses / summer schools
- Visit(s) to Oxford and / or Cambridge
- Personal statements workshop
- Support in registering / preparing for admissions tests
- Mock interviews
KTS Aim Higher handbook 2020-2021
Email Ms. Thompson and / or find her in the History office to find out more about Aim Higher and chat about your Post-18 options. Follow @KTSAimHigher and the KTS Post-18 Bulletin for links to masterclasses, summer schools, open days, essay competitions, online resources, etc.